SHOW NOTES: EPISODE #17 | OUR BIGGEST MISTAKES IN BUSINESS
by |May. 28, 2019 | The Nitty Gritty Podcast
It’s important to focus on personal and professional accomplishments, but it’s just as important to reflect on failures and challenges. Siona and Jenn discuss some of their own business mistakes and how to move forward and grow.
Are there any mistakes you’ve made? How did reflecting on them help to shape your business as it stands today? Share your thoughts on @hutchingsandco and @somethingsimpl_ and let’s keep the conversation going!
Topics discussed In this Episode:
- Jenn’s biggest mistake: Assuming all processes and systems will work for every client (0:35)
- Siona’s biggest mistake: Not having a contract from the beginning (2:42)
- Adding too much to your plate – when did “more” equal “better” ? (6:40)
- Overscheduling and undercharging (10:10)
- Mistakes are learning opportunities! (12:55)
- Call to action – Your homework (14:06)
- Some lighter (and funnier) mistakes (15:13)
Resources from this Episode:
“Back to Basics” & “Do Less Better” – Episode #5: Planning for 2019
More from Siona at Hutchings & Co
More from Jenn at something simple
Want to chat with us? Come be a guest on our Podcast! Whether you want to come to our studio, or record remotely, send us a request and we will make it happen!
Leave us a review!
Love what we have to say, or have some pointers on how we can improve? Leave us a review on iTunes!