SHOW NOTES: EPISODE #18 | COLLABORATION
by |Jun. 4, 2019 | The Nitty Gritty Podcast
This week, Jenn and Siona discuss the benefits of collaborating with competitors, things to be aware of when collaborating, and list different opportunities for you to meet like-minded people!
Topics discussed In this Episode:
- Our peers didn’t wanted to tell us anything! (0:30)
- #CollaborationOverCompetition (3:45)
- Benefits of working with competitors (6:53)
- Important things to keep in mind when collaborating (9:13)
- Be open and ask competitors about their business (11:00)
- Stop worrying about the undercutting (13:40) (Episodes 6 and 17)
- The worst response you can get is “no” (14:43)
- Make sure you do enough of your own work first (15:00)
- Building trust is beneficial (16:00)
- “Coopetition” (17:05)
- Set expectations when working with peers (18:37)
- What to do when things aren’t working out (20:33)
- Take the loss if you need to (23:48)
- Coworking Spaces (Episode 13) (24:28)
- (Networking) events in the community (25:51)
- Create & Caffeinate – co-hosted by Jenn (26:36)
- Connect with other entrepreneurs online (28:45)
- Wrapping up – Siona is ready to collab! (31:06)
Resources from this Episode:
Coworking Spaces – Episode 13: Work Spaces
More from Siona at Hutchings & Co
More from Jenn at something simple
Want to chat with us? Come be a guest on our Podcast! Whether you want to come to our studio, or record remotely, send us a request and we will make it happen!
Leave us a review!
Love what we have to say, or have some pointers on how we can improve? Leave us a review on iTunes!